Mathew OlsonCreate Your Badge

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Living my Dream

I sit here, in an old make shift Internet Cafe which has four computers and little stools to sit on, and wonder what to write about! Everything here happens so fast and time moves quickly, which it giving me unique and defining experiences. Some are hard to share and evoke such emotions that I decide to keep them to myself. Some are so funny but when i write about them in my journal I realize that I am the only one that would laugh at such a thing. Sometimes i just write....

 Today I woke up with a Smile on my face. I knew the minuet that I slipped from under my mosquito net and out of bed that today was going to be wonderful! Nothing spectacular happened. I walked to school earlier than usual and greeted the kids as they came in! I tutored and taught my class, art and English. A few students asked me to come in an instead of going to lunch i read a few chapters of my recent book "The kite Runner." As a quick side note: if anyone wants to read a good life changing book...read this one! I haven't finished but i am close and it is terrific! Me and Bob talked as we eat our lunch, two  peanut butternut and jelly sandwiches, in the bright sun light! I then Played/Taugh Volleyball to the recently organized school boys and girls teams. It was way fun...and they marveled at my talent and ability! or maybe i just thought that is what they were doing! ha ha But It feels good to contribute to the school, to these kids lives! Bob recently bought soccer balls for the school and we have helped set up basketball teams, football (soccer) teams, and now volleyball teams. They kids are thrilled and they go to play another school tomorrow! Lets see if i am an good at coaching volleyball! Wish us luck! :) 


As I was getting ready to walk home a little boy asked if i remembered him. I said of course! which i did, but i couldn't remember his name. But he was in class four and draws very good and always talks to me after lunch! He was said i forgot his name and proudly stated it, made me repeat it and then said that he was from "Kenya Kids Orphanage" I knew many of our students came from an orphanage but then he said.."You know the place were kids go if they dont have a family." I bent down and threw him in the air... He Laughed hard and then i wrapped him in my arms and put my face close to his and said "I was his family, His big brother and i would never forget him again." He smiled and said,with a serious face, "make sure!" I was blown away at what this little kid made me feel, but more importantly what he taught me in a few short min. 

And so my normal day went just like that simple and good

Life is Incredible! Life is Precious! Life is for you to choose how to live. So go out and live life out loud- go live your dreams and make them become a reality! Its possible, and its your choice! Take on the slogan of Nike and "Just Do It!"

No comments:

Post a Comment