Mathew OlsonCreate Your Badge

Sunday, June 2, 2013

A 25 Dollar Lesson

Life tends to be a our best teacher. It is unforgiving and ruthless but if the lesson is truly learned it we walk away With little gold nuggets of knowledge and wisdom. For 25 dollars I learned a few good lessons. This is how it went...
 


 I said I would take Josphat and Dennis (my lifting buddies) out for ice-cream because they did amazing on there exams. Get this they invited their siblings and neighbors ha ha 7 in total! I was thinking ....oh boy! So there is no way my soft heart could turn the other kids away,...right? I ask if they want a soda or ice cream...duh Matt, Stupid question, what kid doesn't want ice cream? Especially if they only get it, maybe, like once a year! I tell them to pick out their favorite flavor and point to the small ones that are like a dollar (American money) and then to go check them through because I needed to get a few other things. When I got back to the counter to pay they all had big tubs of ice-cream and had already checked them through...I again asked a stupid question..."are you going to eat all of that?" Duh...ofcourse they all answer "Yes, its not that much!" I told them they better eat it all, they laughed. I spent over 20 American dollars for simple ice cream! !! I just couldn't. Say. No! On the bright side they probably hadn't had that much ice-cream ever in there whole lives. They were so so excited! !!! It was worth it! We eat it as they tried to teach me to dance. To my credit, I am getting better! However, I'm not sure if they liked the ice-cream more or my lack of dance skills ha ha ha  

I am also not sure what lesson that i learned was most valuable, That if i know what i want to do for someone don't give them a choice and just get it for them, That it is ok to say "NO" or That these kids were worth 20 dollars of ice cream! I think the last lesson wins! What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. The greatest lessons you learn and teach are not about money. What you showed those kids was charity, the pure love of Christ. That's worth more than $25 in my book any day.

    I love your blog! So many good insights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Agree 100%! Thanks for following along with my adventures! It makes them even better when you can share your experiences in life with a good friend, like you.

    ReplyDelete