Mathew OlsonCreate Your Badge

Friday, May 17, 2013

Back To Work!

As you can see I have been getting behind on my blogging! Its because I am Busy....Which Is a good thing :)

School is as it always is...noisy energetic kids trying to learn but wanting to play! Believe me we have all been there! Don't worry i take plenty of time to go and play with them during their P.E. class block. I mostly teach them how to do back flips and other gymnastic routines! they love it! We also continue to braid grass with the girls for several jump rope games and competitions! If you cant find me out in the hot sun with the kids i am inside the hot class tutoring the old kids as they make fun of me and try to teach me Swahili. they are better students than they are teachers! ha ha but i have made some progress!

One of the older kids asked me to go weight lifting with him a few times a week! His name is Josephat. He is 16 years old and as solid as they come. He is brilliant, a hard worker, and nice to the other kids. He also helps take care of his four younger siblings and has Swag to go with it all! The first time he picked me up and we walked 20 min to the gym...aka half a barn with one old bench press, a few curl bars and a few dumb bells. I walked in, and to say that i was intimidated is an understatement! this little shack was packed with 10-12 huge...i mean huge black men! The roles where reversed...it was i who was the minority in a strange world! They were welcoming and even a bit impressed with me. Take that Steven and Mike...i may be small but i can still impress! A Cool guy said he would be my personal trainer! He worked me hard for a full hour...not much brakes! ha ha He is a stud and he works out with me and Josephat as he trains us and records are results! weight lifting is a love hate relationship but it feels good to push my self to the max again! Too bad i dont have all the nutrients i need to get huge! but whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment