Mathew OlsonCreate Your Badge

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Colors---Lifes Way of saying, "I love you!"

Bright, Bold, Beautiful colors, covered the little dark faces that surrounded me. It was like I was caught in the most colorful rainbow, that I had some how painted with my own two hands! It was gorgeous. Laughter and giggling filled the warm humid air around me. Girls twirling in there ripped, brown stained dresses as if they were Cinderella at her first Ball. Beautiful flowers and masks covered their faces, leaving only their intense loving eyes twinkling like stars in the cool night sky.  Boys pretended to be spider man or superman with their coinciding masks. They majestically jumped from rock to rock, rolling on the ground and tackling each other. Fierce courage shown in their eyes, as they tried to be the hero they longed for in their own lives. Black bodies mixed with soft sky blues,  deep cheery reds, and  blinding sunflower yellow to create a picture which will forever be painted in my memory. Each color seemed to represent life itself, the difficulties and heart breaking trails streaked with joyful and rich happy moments. It all blurred into one big picture of their lives, of my life, and of the life God has given us all.
Little Vadimo can hardly wait to become a true princess

Margret is a pretty Flower Angle, always smiling and helping other!

Who said I couldn't paint? I am an art teacher after all, well at least here in Kenya anyways.

Our Little Hero's!

Wanted a tribal warrior tattoo? I wanted to cover his whole body like that, but Momma said no. oh well!

The little details in life and art are very important!

Face painting was an incredible I did that proved to show us all that we all are given a picture in life and its our choice what colors we use to paint it! The kids also  taught me that your never to old to pretend and dream of being somebodies hero, like spider man!

"There are too few characters out there, flying around like Spider-man, saving old girls. And Lord knows, kids need a hero. Courageous, self-sacrificing people. Setting examples for all of us. Everybody loves a hero! People line up for them, cheer them, scream their names. And years later, they'll tell how they stood in the rain for hours just to get a glimpse of the one who taught them how to hold on a second longer. I believe there's a hero in all of us, that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and strong..."


Alexis is the real artist here! She usually does everything better than me!
I just hope that I have been a Hero to these kids, because they have all been my hero teaching me to be courageous and strong and to always hold on a little longer, hoping and praying.

"Who am I? You sure you want to know? The story of my life is not for the faint of heart. If somebody said it was a happy little tale... if somebody told you I was just your average ordinary guy, not a care in the world... somebody lied." These Boys and Girls are extraordinary and will lead lives of greatness! I have no doubt!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment